Zimnel
I'd like to insert LOD trees in Voxel Studio generated terrains. 
Are those compatible? For example the Spedtree samples in Unity Assets.
Can I work with LOD trees in Voxel Studio and later on with the imported scene in Unity?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The short answer to your questions above is yes.

In Voxel Studio, you can import a different FBX mesh for each LOD of a particular instance, in your case a tree. If you have SpeedTree assets, you must export them as FBX before you can get them inside Voxel Studio. Whatever you do in Voxel Studio, however, will be more like a placeholder. In your Unity project, you can use any Unity asset you would like for your tree. In this case, the LOD settings will come from the Unity side, Voxel Farm will not be involved in managing the LOD changes for the instance.

Use the "Asset Name" property of the instance in Voxel Studio to identify the asset in Unity that will be used once the project is running inside Unity:

assetname.png 
0 0
Zimnel
This is green flag for me 😃
There's an asset I want to use and the trees are LOD, others are a variation of some Speedtree models.
Thanks a lot for the infos.
0 0
Morcrist
Zimnel, note that you can also use Voxel Instances. Just make sure you do as voxelfarmtorres advises above concerning setting the Voxel Instance "Asset Name" to the (for example) Speedtree asset in your Unity project. All of the Voxel Instances will then be replaced in Unity with your project's asset.

Just also make sure to place the asset in a Resources subfolder. Additionally, in the Voxel Client settings you can set how far away the instances appear in Unity by changing the max LOD.
0 0
Morcrist
For reference:

img001.png I've got some weird stuff going on with the tree substitutions. It's distorting them somehow I'm guessing based on the bounding box of the voxel instance (which is cubic).

But yeah.

EDIT: I'm so dumb. I circled the NAME of the Planting Rule, and not the asset name in the actual Voxel Instance.

Here is the Planting Rule, showing use of the Voxel Instance tree1. Note that I'm not using a Mesh Instance at all.
img002.png  And here is the Voxel Instance tree1, showing where you need to make sure the Asset Name is the same as the asset you're using in Unity in your resources folder.

img003.png 
0 0
Zimnel
This is golden info for me, thanks a lot for posting this examples 😃
0 0