davide445
I'm working on a project that will need to render a wide range of buildings starting from their BIM project.

Since accessing a real BIM project it's not always possible due to privacy, this will limit the range of possibilities we will be able to test.

An option will be to in fact just procedurally generate a set of buildings to test on. Will be able to achieve this using Presets, but my doubt is if there is any defined "grammar" that can set the boundary conditions for the generated building. Or if not a grammar some already defined set of rules, i.e. the "North American single home" set of rules, or the "Southern Europe apartment buildings" set.

In can generate anything starting from the available Presets primitives (let's say a 3km tall building) but of course not all I can generate make sense.

Having a huge test set of real world BIM projects will enable us to extract some of these rules, but again this is not possible. So hoping someone somewhere does have already done this work, either publishing some parameters of coding them in real rules.
0 0
davide445
Reading on the CityEngine forum I suppose I can speak about "rules packs", not about the ability to predefine a set of rules (in Presets I think can be done using styles) but a predefined set of rules applying for a specific geographic area. 
0 0