Morcrist

11:25 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

Ok. SmartBiome set up. Voxel instance imported. All sizes on voxel instance set to 1. Anchors set to 0. Materials set.

[[unknown]  :

[11:26 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

The sizes did nothing. The voxel instances are still default size, apparently.

[11:37 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

I fiddle with the Angle on the Planting Rule to see if I could make it so trees only instance on lesser angles. Had weird, unexpected effects. I.e., trees not appearing at all even on flat ground even when angle set to -30...30; trees appearing on almost 90 degree angles at same setting; etc.

[11:37 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

When I changed the angle back to -90...90, trees didn't reappear as when initially set. Very few trees now.

[11:41 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

Ok. Deleted the Planting Rule. Re-added it. Everything back to as in the last pic, above.

[11:46 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

Set angle to -45...45, refreshed. Still had a lot of trees. Set angle to -30...30, refreshed.[unknown]

[11:47 AM]Morcrist Meleth:

All that's left are trees on extreme angles, the opposite of what I would expect.

[

[unknown] 
[

[:

12:17 PM]Morcrist Meleth:
Set the angles back to -90...90 and now there are even LESS trees.

[12:20 PM]Morcrist Meleth:

Saved project. Opened project. Now it looks normal, or what you'd expect for -90...90.
[unknown]

[12:20 PM]Morcrist Meleth:

Going to take this to the Forums.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Part of this could be that your interpretation of the angles is different than the one intended by the software. Your earlier statement points to this:

Had weird, unexpected effects. I.e., trees not appearing at all even on flat ground even when angle set to -30...30

An angle range from -30 to 30 looks like this (note the parts highlighted in white are where you are supposed to get the instances):

ruleangle.png 

This will not place any trees on top of horizontal surfaces. If you want instances to show on top of flat surfaces, the end angle must be 90.

We could not reproduce the other issues you mention when you have -90 to 90 range. Below you can see the tree planting is the same for the 30..90 and -90..90 cases:

rule1.png  rule2.png 
If you have a project where this happens consistently, we would like to take a look at it. 
0 0