namrog84
So if each cell is approximately 40x40x40 voxels.

Let's say I have built a house across 2-4 cells(60x60x30 voxels in size), and inside the house is a FirePit (dynamic non voxel, UE actor object).

I was thinking of making some kind of UE world manager that would help decide the state and actions of managing the FirePit (e.g. lifetime of object). 

I was hoping that I could tie in and have VF simply pass along the CellID(I'd need to just know the world coordand and LoD)  and I think with knowing the position and LoD.

So I could have VF could tell my WorldManager be like CellID 214(made up number) has been spawned/created and is LoD 7 at these coordinates, then my WorldManager can decide if there any objects needed for that cellID(location/lod),   perhaps I only spawn in firepit when that cell is <= LodThreshold or whatever else.

I think there is a way to query the VF WorldObject or CMV about what cells exist and are currently active.  However, I don't want to constantly queue/ ask the object about its state. I'd rather have a callback or tie into an existing VF function somewhere.

Any suggested points of putting this, or better ideas on how to handle this would be greatly appreciated.

I believe the VoxelFarmEvents is probably what I want to tie into.
I'd make my own implementation of VoxelFarmEvents and then register it with the ClipMapView.SetEvents(myEventManager);
which I should be able to do via VoxelFarmWorldActor. 
From my implementation, I could pass along any information I need/want to my UE World Manager or whatever. 

Additionally, is the VF's functionality to handle non voxel objects (e.g. a UE Actor Tree) a bad place to put more dynamic and active like objects?  
0 0