This is my first time trying UE4 and I gotta say...I'm not really impressed. The bug which prevents plugins if you don't have a C++ class file seems insane, and since it is my first EU4 project I am already thinking about uninstalling both EU4 and Voxelfarm forever. Been trying to get the free trial to work all night.
I've got the trial version of Voxel Farm version 188.8.131.52
I've got UE4 4.18.0
I've got VS Community 2017 on windows 10
Can someone help me out? Here are the steps I've tried at this point.
1. Create a new 3rd person blueprint project
2. Add an empty C++ class file (which UE4 can't compile without win SDK 8.1)
3. Install windows sdk 8.1
4. Create a new 3rd person blueprint project
5. Add an empty C++ class file - compiles now and opens VS 2017
6. Save and close UE4
7. Add UE4 plugin to project
8. Try to open project and I get:
The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version:
Would you like to rebuild them?
9. Click yes and I get:
ThisSoftwareSucks could not be compiled. Try rebuilding from source manually.