JBone
I'm using the stamp mesh for my dig tool. But below -5000 Unreal units, the old cell object is not removed, so there ends up being two cells in the same location, one with the old mesh, and one with the new. I'm using the default workspace project, but it still happens with any Voxel Studio project that I've tried.

I'm using a static position for the clipmapview focus point, but moving it up or down does not affect the height that this happens. I'm also using Start and End LOD of 2, and Start LOD Radius of 2. But when I use the default values, any cells below -5000 are not generated at all, even with the focus point at -5000. My Unit Size is 0.06666.

I made a hole in Voxel Studio, then re-exported. The cell's with the hole behave correctly, as seen in the first image (the voxel studio hole is on the far right). 

In the second image you can see that the new cell is created beneath, but the old mesh remains.

ScreenShot00003.png  ScreenShot00004.png 
As for the texture memory leak, I am getting a message saying, "TEXTURE STREAMING POOL OVER X MB". Each time I play the level in the editor, it increases by about 100 MB, and I have to restart the editor when it gets too large. This is only happening in the level with the VoxelFarmWorldActor.

Thanks for any help.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The TEXTURE STREAMING POOL message comes from Unreal. Voxel Farm will not change texture use dynamically, the texture atlas is loaded only once.

About the vertical limit for edits you are experiencing, it could be the terrain is not high enough. What are the World Origin Coords for your project?
0 0
JBone
Thanks, I fixed the texture problem, it was not related to Voxel Farm.

My world coordinates are 
X: 2236256.25
Y: 60342.375
Z: 1337555.25

This was quite high off the ground, so I moved it to be right above the surface with Y:59998.253906, but this makes no difference.

I have discovered that the problem occurs at the point where the cell's Transform Location Z coordinate goes from positive to negative, if that helps.
0 0
JBone
The new update seems to fix both of these issues. The texture streaming memory actually was voxel farm I think. It was reloading the textures every time I launched Play-In-Editor, and not unloading them, but all good now. It also fixed the stamp mesh material problem mentioned in another thread. Thanks!

I am having a new problem now though. After attempting to do a StampMesh, sometimes the modified cell will not update, and after 1-3 seconds the entire cell will disappear forever. This happens very rarely, but when doing rapid digging, it will always eventually happen.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Thanks for the report, we will work on reproducing this.
0 0
JBone
Appreciated. I think I am having a performance problem as well with the new update, but I didn't keep a copy of the previous version so I can't check to make sure. When making many stamps in an area, the framerate begins to suffer badly. Before the update, I could dig an expansive cave system with no problems, but now making a single long tunnel or placing about 100 blocks can drop the frame time from 8ms to 20ms+.

Also, the Voxel Farm mesh does not show up in wire-frame mode anymore.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The meshes will not show in wireframe anymore because we have switched to static meshes, which UE4 will not display as wireframe. Not clear why they won't appear as wireframe, but the switch saves dozens of milliseconds per mesh resulting in a smoother experience for the player.

We are able to reproduce the stuttering with multiple stamps, this will be addressed immediately.
0 0
JBone
Hey, I've got the new update, and the frame rate drop with multiple stamps issue is still occurring for me. I haven't messed with any of the new options though. Was there any attempt to fix this yet?
0 0