voxelfarmtorres
We just published this video, more of a teaser on how the Citadel project was built:

We plan to release this project sometime in 2018, also a demo based on it.

We hope you like it and that it inspires you to build amazing things!
1 0
Eugeny
Great video!
How does you achieved that nice texturing? (4:45; 6:00, etc) Or do prefubs support UV mapping after all? )
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, prefabs support UV-mapped meshes since 3.0.1.2 (third item in release notes)
0 0
Eugeny
It's good news! I begin with 3.0.1.2 and didn't read release notes [smile]
How we can use this?
In Mesh asset format there are no description of UV coordinates.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Hopefully, tutorials will come out covering this early 2018, meanwhile, you will notice a tab labeled "Meshes" in the dropdown menu for Prefabs. Here each instance that is emitted by the Prefab can be replaced by one of the meshes imported into your project:

meshprefabs.png

If you select a mesh that has UV-mapping, when you voxelize the prefab, the mesh will appear with the right material mapping.  
0 0
Eugeny
Why does all in Citadel have been made using one material? (or at least it look like one material)
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
It is multiple materials. There is no technical reason behind why they use similar colors, it was a choice made by the artist.
0 0
Eugeny
Is it possible to use UV mapped prefubs from runtime?

I found *.mesh files in project.voxp. Will they be loaded if i pass them into loadMesh function of ArchitectureManager?

/// Loads and registers a mesh file (*.dat) The provided ID is the one used in the "instance" commands in the grammars
      void loadMesh(String id, char* filename);

0 0