rjohnson
I'm working on a city building game using VoxelFarm. One thing I would like to support is multiple cities/villages far away from each other. That means supporting a scenario where the user orders city dwellers to dig a hole or carve the terrain in one place, then moves the camera to a completely different city and starts issuing orders there. So I want to allow voxel edition at points far away from the player's current clipmap view. I would probably run into issues even within one city, depending on how large it is and where the camera is positioned.  

I guess I need a way to get edit voxel data, force contouring, and grab new navmesh data for any arbitrary cell at at a fixed LOD. Assuming I modify the C++ plugin to expose more functionality to Unity, is it possible to achieve this with the Indie SDK?

Also, any general recommendations on how to achieve this? Maybe I could use multiple ClipMapViews or something, but that's probably overkill. I'm thinking I could define a specific set of cells where a particular city's simulation is happening and run the simulation in those cells by querying VF.
0 0
rjohnson
Ahh, I think "VoxelFarmDemoSimple.cpp" has what I'm looking for.
0 0