laurallama
I am interested in buying Voxel Farm for Unity, and I am wondering how the terrains work with collision.
When importing a voxel mesh into Unity, does it create a mesh collider 1-1 with the mesh? For very large terrains I am thinking this would be quite expensive! Is there a dynamic collider akin to Unity terrains instead? Thank you.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Voxel Farm generates dynamic meshes, for both rendering and collisions. These meshes have a greater density near the camera and areas of interest, and lower density as the distance from the camera increases. On top of that, the collision mesh can be a simpler (more optimized) version of the render geometry. You will find Voxel Farm uses fewer triangles for terrain than the default Unity terrain component.
0 0
laurallama

Thank you vocelfarmtorres for your reply!

When you say they have a "greater density near the camera and areas of interest" does that mean I am able to manually define areas of interest to be displayed at maximum density always, in addition to the distance-based system?

Also, by "the collision mesh can be a simpler version of the render geometry" does that mean I can manually configure the collision mesh density in relation to the render geometry?

0 0