Gronk
Hey folks,

I've run into an issue when trying to set a tree mesh as an instance in a biome layer planting rule. I cannot seem to get it to appear in the viewport no matter what I do. Neither have I had any luck spawning voxel instances. I have tried what feels like every slider and setting in the application trying to figure out why this might be. I briefly was able to get the mesh instance to show up in a material planting rule, but have since been unable to replicate that.

I've combed the forums all day looking for suggestions and have tried everything I can find to no avail. I am completely out of ideas as to why this would be and have to go to bed for my own sanity now, but if anyone has run into this before and solved it, or has any advice for things I might check, please let me know.

I feel so near, yet so far...
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Can you package your project and send us a link? We will take a look at it for you. You can use Project > Package from the main ribbon interface in Voxel Studio. Please email us the link to support@voxelfarm.com
0 0
Gronk
I have sent an email over with a package link included. I tried to restore the setup to what I was under the impression should work after all my various attempts to change and fix it.

Thanks for the quick response and willingness to take a look, its much appreciated and I apologise if its something simple I've missed or set up incorrectly.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We have received your link, currently downloading...
0 0
Gronk
I wanted to update this post before anyone spends time on my file; I am now successfully able to spawn both kinds of instances. I believe my issue was related to closed and open meshes, because meshes that were causing me problems work fine if i do a quick Shell operation before export.

One thing I've noticed in this, is that VS does not do a great job voxelising meshes with multiple UV islands - is this known/expected behaviour? Has a lot of trouble interpreting space between the islands and distorts things. I've included pictures below, one of a screwed up multi island voxelisation, one of a single island job it did pretty well.

distorted_uv_multi_island.png  good_uv_single_island.png 
0 0