Telarin
When I click on the "Apply Physics" checkbox of the VoxelFarmWorldActor in Unreal Engine, the editor crashes with the following summary information:

Access violation - code c0000005 (first/second chance not available)

UE4Editor_VoxelFarmPlugin!VoxelFarm::UEClient::VoxelFarmMain:[biggrin]oPhysicsMeshWork() [d:\sdkguide\forest\plugins\voxelfarmplugin\source\voxelfarmplugin\private\voxelfarmworldactor.cpp:4838]
UE4Editor_VoxelFarmPlugin!VoxelFarm::UEClient::VoxelFarmMain::Tick() [d:\sdkguide\forest\plugins\voxelfarmplugin\source\voxelfarmplugin\private\voxelfarmworldactor.cpp:3959]
UE4Editor_VoxelFarmPlugin!AVoxelFarmWorldActor::Tick() [d:\sdkguide\forest\plugins\voxelfarmplugin\source\voxelfarmplugin\private\voxelfarmworldactor.cpp:446]
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Core
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_Engine
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor_UnrealEd
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
UE4Editor
kernel32
ntdll
0 0
Telarin
Also, after following through the steps to add the VoxelFarmWorldActor, I can play in the editor, but if I attempt to launch outside the editor, I receive the following error:

Fatal error:
Fatal error: [File[biggrin]:\Build\++UE4+Release-4.15+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\CoreUObject\Private\Serialization\AsyncLoading.cpp] [Line: 2527] LogWindows:Error: Missing Dependency, request for VoxelFarmWorldActor but it hasn't been created yet.

Another issue I am seeing is that if I remove the Arena Floor from the 3rd person sample, and play in the editor, the character seems to fall through the floor before the VoxelFarm terrain can actually be generated. Is there a good way to delay the character from spawning until the initial VoxelFarm meshes have rendered? Or perhaps rendering priority could be changed so that closest (lowest) LOD chunks are generated first?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The failed AsyncLoading error points to the fact maybe the plugin was not packaged in the build. There is a known issue in UE4 (not related to Voxel Farm) where you need to add a dummy/empty C++ class to your project so code plugins are included. Is your project blueprint-only?

The character will fall if there is nothing holding it. This is because voxel content comes a bit later into the scene. There are multiple ways to deal with this, but without any provisions, the character is expected to fail.

A simple approach would be to disable character movement until the scene has completed. There is one event thrown by the VoxelFarmWorldActor that let's you know the scene is ready. The name of the event is "SceneSwapped"
0 0
Telarin
I set it up as a C++ class project but had not actually added any classes. I added an empty HUD class and that seems to have resolved the error when on Launching. However, even though it launches without error, VoxelFarm does not render any terrain (still works great when playing in the UE editor).

I was able to fix the falling through unrendered terrain issue, but being fairly new to UE, my solution feels kind of cludgy. This may be outside the scope of advice that you can offer, but I'd like to know if this is the best (or even a good way to handle it). I added a Blueprint on the ThirdPersonCharacter that handles the BeginPlay event and sets Ignore Move Input to true, so the player can't move the character, and sets Movement Mode to flying (so the character doesn't drop through the terrain). Then I added a script to the VoxelFarmWorldActor1 actor that sets the two properties back to false and walking respectively. Is there a more elegant way to have handled this, or a better place to have added said scripts?
0 0
Telarin
One other small question regarding the "Add and removing voxels at runtime" tutorial: Is there a "best place" to add the scripts shown in the tutorial? Should I add them directly to the VoxelFarmWorldActor, or is there some place better? Sorry for basic questions like this, but being a bit new to UE as well, a lot of things that are assumed knowledge are not always clear.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
If there are no errors loading and you still do not see terrain, it is likely because the folder that contains the Voxel Farm bundle was not included in the build. This is located at "Content\VoxelProjects\<YourBundleName". To package this folder in your build, you must list it in Project Settings > Packaging in the section for "Additional Non-asset Directories to Copy":

shipping.png 
0 0
Telarin
Yep, adding it to the Project Settings fixed that issue. Might want to add that to the documentation as well. Guess I'm good at finding weird stuff.

Any ideas on the original issue with everything crashing when I try to enable physics? Also my other couple questions if they are something you can answer.
0 0
Telarin
Is there a method built into the plugin for displaying a preview block with where changes will take place, similar to what you have in place in the OpenGL demo, or is this something that I would have to do through the C++ classes?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Currently (3.0.1.0) there is no method. The information in the C++ structure HitPos maintained by the ClipmapView contains what you would need. We can provide more info if you decide to expose this yourself.

We will be including this in the UE4 demo, but there is no ETA yet.
0 0
Telarin
I'll be the first to admit that my C++ is a little rusty, since my day job is business application development which is pretty much limited to C# and VB.Net, but I'm certainly not afraid to dive in and brush up on whatever I need to. Any info you can provide on exposing and using HitPos to display a preview box would be greatly appreciated.
0 0
Kovak
There's code in my first post here to expose the HitData to Blueprints: https://forums.voxelfarm.com/post/observations-on-the-plugin-in-3-0-1-0-so-far-8487274

it needs to be added to the plugin itself
0 0
Petyr
I'm experiencing the same crash, what version of ue4 are those of you able to get it working using? I'm on 4.15.2 if that's relevant (all i can come up with)
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We are able to reproduce this issue in 3.0.1.0. It will be corrected in the next update.

A workaround requires adding a condition in the VoxelFarmWorldActor Tick() method. Where it reads:

if (voxelFarmCommonUnrealVars->voxelFarmActor->ApplyPhysics)

It should be:

if (voxelFarmCommonUnrealVars->voxelFarmActor->ApplyPhysics && physicsThread != NULL)

This error happens because the physicsThread can be NULL if the scene is initially loaded without physics ON.

We have found a different issue with the physics scan after deleting blocks. This will also be corrected in the next update.
0 0
Petyr
I was able to get it working after trying a few things;
1. I unsucessfully tried to recompile the voxelfarmphysmesh file
2. Had my render in the preview window set to realtime, switched that off and I was able to tick it on. 

Not sure what did what, but it's at least a clunky workaround. 
0 0