Algost

Hi everyone.

I create my map on Voxel Farm, i export it with Unity, i create a new fresh project for Unity, i import the Voxel Farm plug in, i put in hiearchie i create the folder to put my export and when i press start i have 2 behavior :

1 - Unity Crash and ask me to send a debug reporter (i did it it's very long !! 40 mins to wait)

2 - It's seem importing because sometime i have "importing small asset" put after nothing, the button play is pressed but not 100% it's not blue i'm not in play mode.

Do you guys have any tips for importing a map from Voxel Studio to Unity ? 

I follow this guideline :

http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?adding-voxel-farm-to-a-unity-project

Thanks.

0 0
ncpaddler
The export to Unity has to go to a folder in your project called --->  Assets/StreamingAssets/Voxel Farm/<Your project name here>

And that folder name has to be in vf_client    BundleName

If that's how you have it.... Im not sure otherwise
0 0
burke
I have followed the same steps with a mesh on the infinite plane that has one material as a simple 24b bmp.

I tried 2018 with a crash. I am now back on 2017.4

When I hit play, Unity crashes and the crash log has no useful information.
0 0
burke
The simple exported bundle for Unity, when compared to Toon Biome, is missing material_textures.

Is there a step I could have missed?

I watched the videos a few times, but its very hard to tell what keys/mouse buttons are being hit.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
There is not much to miss regarding bundle exports for Unity. The complete steps are covered in this text (no video) guide:

https://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?creating-a-voxel-farm-bundle

A few basic things to check first:

• Unity is not running when you export since sometimes it can lock bundle files
  • Your OS is in English
  • You have not installed Voxel Farm to a protected folder like C:\Program Files
  • You are running a 64bit version of Unity
0 0
burke

Thanks.

Its not any of those things. I'm not sure how the Unity version would effect missing files from the export?

It stopped crashing in 2017.3p1

But it still won't generate the material_texture bundle and the client gives me an error for this onEnable and there is nothing to see when hitting play.

I created a simple cube fbx, added the mesh to VF editor, reloaded the renderer, added the mesh to the scene, filled it with voxels, and then followed the export steps carefully. 

Not really sure where to go from there.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We can take a look at this project if you like, and see if we can reproduce the missing "material_textire" issue. You can email us to support at voxelfarm.com and we will take it from there.
0 0
Ninlilizi
I've encountered this problem a few times.... It seems to be caused be one of your materials having an invalid texture assigned to one of it's slots... Except it generates no warnings or errors and just silently fails to export the material bundle.... Everytime I've encountered this going thru all my materials and fixing any errant assignments fixed it.
0 0
Adam4lexander
I came across a similar issue like this, seemed to be caused by assigning jpg textures in voxel farm. Once I converted any jpg textures into bmps the textures would export correctly. Otherwise it would silently fail to export the material textures and unity would crash when it tried to load them.
0 0