Morcrist Show full post »
cybervr
Oh ok, yes I did look at that guide and did follow it... It was just the hooking up the links that confused me.. As you can see I am using a height map and want to use a meta-materials to do the terrain textures.. So I cant use meta-materials with a height map?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Correct, you cannot use the meta-materials with the default Terrain component in 3.0.1.3. You could create a mesh using your heightmap and supply it to the meta-mesh system.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
I posted a link to the wrong guide above. This is the one I meant:  http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?working-with-meta-meshes

You can see there how the meta-materials are linked to the meta-mesh.
0 0
cybervr
I have made a FBX of my height map in Maya. I created a meta mesh and it loaded it ok. So I have the setup below. But I get the error and have no idea how to fix... New Meta Mesh: Material Palette not defined...

screen.jpg
0 0
cybervr
Hi folks, ok making some progress now and have also had a few fails along the way.. I tried doing it using a meta mesh by taken my height map in to Maya and exporting as a FBX.. But it was massive geometry and i wanted to keep the detail.. My map is 200km by 200km.. Plus once in Voxel Studio it did not show correctly. Just a yellow faded glow and a big textured voxel deformed ball above lol..

So I just went back to my height map and will use masks to select different areas to texture. This will be fine.. Also on a positive note, I have managed to stop the repeating terrain from the start of this topic.. So my landscape does not repeat any more and can get to the end of each side of the map.. Maybe its cause my map is so big LOL...

Ok this is where I am stuck so far.. Below is the terrain, nothing special just using to work out how to use the masks and the layers to select different parts of the height map to texture...

So below I have 3 layers.. Seabed, Beach and Coverage and masks for them. The Materials are all different textures to tell them apart when they render so see if its working.. I have a scaled down images of the masks below. But they are RAW 8bit 4096, sames as the height map..

Ignore the open space area, thats just the other layers I need to add when I resolve this issue..

So basically the 3 layers are showing in the render, but the textures from the masks are not showing.. Its only showing the Beach Texture.. Any ideas whats happening?

screener.jpg  

coverage.png 

sand.png 

sand-wet.png 
0 0
cybervr
Oh the New Meta Mesh: Material Palette not defined error... I choosed the textures to the colours in the Meta Material details panel and the error kept coming up.. I found after I had to declear the New Meta Materials for each colour in the New Meta Mesh.. In the New Meta Material and New Meta Mesh there are a set of colour boxes in each of them.. Just need to define on both.. Hope this makes sense, its from memory.. Deleted it now and gone back to a height map.. Was a few hours ago now and been working on this for hours LOL
0 0
cybervr
Can anyone help me with the problem i have in the post one above my last post.. About the materials not showing in the mask layers. It only shows the beach material...
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
If you send us a link to your project we can take a look for you. Without having your setup, it is very difficult to know what could be missing.
0 0
cybervr
Sure I can put it in a rar and email it to you.. Where do I send it..
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Please email your link to support at voxelfarm.com
0 0
cybervr
ok, what email shall I email the link to. I dont want make my link public lol
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Our email: Support at voxelfarm.com
0 0
cybervr
Ok I have just emailed it to you with a RAR attachment, thank you..
0 0
cybervr
Sorry check your email again, I tried to send as a attachment in the email and failed.. I have sent you a link instead..
0 0