DIgitalDominus
I'm a potential customer looking to get more information on the feature set available in the UE4 engine. My main question is "Is Voxel Farm UE4 extension supports destructable terrain?".

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, the terrain (and any other voxel layer) is destructible in UE4. The next update to the Voxel Farm 3 Preview SDK will add fragment physics, which is when the system detects fragments have become dislodged and feeds them to the physics simulation for the scene.
1 0
Xilverbulet
I'm a customer (hello again).  Do you plan to provide native support for destructible terrain in Multiplayer?  I kinda need that alot.  I could set about writing my own, but would much prefer to have it native.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, this ranks high in our plans. It is not clear how soon you would find support for this in our code. At the moment we are working on perfecting the single player destruction.
0 0
Xilverbulet
I'm in process of switching from my own Voxel engine to Voxel Farm.  I have tackled this problem there but really don't want the overhead of maintaining it going forward.  I'd be happy to share my work with your Devs if it'll help.  I used a Replicated TArray to cache and pass changes.    Long term, I think an out of replication mechanism will work better (especially for initial loads.)

I've also built a rather basic multiplayer destructable trees function.  I noticed your "Turtle" demo supports foliage and trees.  Do you plan to support destructability there? (pls)
0 0