GageCornelius
Question: How would I go about making voxels behave, potentially, like the Destructible mesh in UE4? I mean in terms of destruction without removal/deletion of voxels? Example: I have a pillar that I want to fall down and hit a wall and cause it to break into another room rather than simply creating a hole. How would I go about doing this? Would I be better off simply creating a hole and having no rubble?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
This is very much possible.

Please note Voxel Farm does not perform the simulation of rigid bodies, this is left to the physics engine of your choice, which is normally tied to the game engine (Unity/Unreal) you may be using at the time.

Assuming your physics solver can provide you information about your falling pillar like velocity, acceleration etc., upon a collision (or in advance if you can predict the future) you can create an envelope, a closed mesh that represents the destruction path of the pillar. When deleting voxels, you may apply an additional breakage pattern that is material driven, which will create fragments within the collision path volume. You would apply momentum to these fragments as well and feed them to the physics solver. During this process you may also insert particle emitters that are material-based, so a brick wall will produce different dust than a cement wall.
0 0
GageCornelius
So in the Unreal 4 Engine, how would I do this? Would the best method be to somehow use the tools in the destructible mesh that exist already in UE4, or would I have to use Nvidia's PhysX Destruction tools?
0 0