Adam4lexander
I'd really like to have an inner material using a heightmap terrain. I know this is possible using meta-meshes but I can't see how to do it with a Terrain. I'm wondering if I could override VoxelFarm::CMacroTerrainLayer to modify its 'getContourData' function and use that in VoxelFarmInitBundle.cpp when it calls Bundle::initProject. Does this sound possible? What exactly is a Macro Terrain Layer?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
It is possible to inherit the getContourData of the layer you want to extend and change the output of the layer based on additional information available only to your application (like where mineral resources are, for instance.)

The heightmap terrain is implemented by the CSimplexWorldVoxelLayer class. This is the class you would inherit to overwrite the getContourData(). Calling the parent's class version of getContourData will fill the voxels with the default terrain data. To this buffer, your custom code may add anything it wants.

CMacroTerrain layer is for the meta-mesh system, this is not related to the heightmap terrain. Here is some info about this system:  https://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?working-with-meta-meshes
0 0
Adam4lexander
Thanks! I'll try that out.
0 0