holyfiregames
Hi there, I'm trying to use temporary voxel instances to place objects inside Unity, but I keep having them randomly sink into the ground. Is there any way to stop this? I've tried using Mesh Instances, but I'm having trouble with it picking up the FBX and material files.

[f52906088ed6a9bf960a690c23eac7a3]
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
If you want these instances to be replaced by Unity assets, you must specify the Unity asset name in the "Asset Name" property for the instance.

The use of a mesh in Voxel Studio is optional, since this instance will be replaced by the Unity asset, the mesh will not be used at all. This option exists in case you want similar results in Voxel Studio and Unity viewers.

There are two parameters in the planting rule that control the random vertical shift: Minimum Shift and Maximum Shift. Do you have values set to these?

You must also consider that voxel instances have an anchor point. This is usually located inside the instance to make sure instances of this type will not float. Are these voxel instances you created, or are they provided in our example sets?
0 0
holyfiregames
Hi there, these are assets I've purchased. I set the min/max vertical shift to 1 to try to stop it, no luck. I've also updated the anchor points to be at the bottom of all meshes. Nothing seems to help it from sinking into the ground randomly.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
To entirely disable sinking, you need to set zero to min/max.

Can you show us where you are setting the anchor point? If it is placed at a corner, even at the bottom, it may shift up or down when the terrain is at an angle.
0 0
holyfiregames
Here's the flower that's in the images above:

[b6e0281a20e7850eca3bdb879675de58]

Here's the render view:

[a774598bcd2442b9ff52faec78a9072d]

Here's the settings:

[84fe320988fa2512f5083a98280bfe2a]

Thanks
0 0
holyfiregames
I switched to a mesh version of this instead of the VRLE, and it's better, but still has some sinking/floating issue:

[af834d6fb269a3e4d2ee8f187691454a]
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Your settings appear correct. We will try to reproduce on our side and set up a ticket.

Incidentally, your cactus flower instance would look better as a mesh instance in Voxel Studio. The leaves do not voxelize well, so this does not really work as a voxel instance. We can provide you the steps to achieve that.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
About the mesh instance, there is also an Anchor X,Y,Z you need to set. These properties appear in the "Placement" section for the instance object. A value that would work for your cactus would be [0.5, 0, 0.5]. This places the anchor at the center of the bottom face.
0 0
holyfiregames
Thanks, those values helped it out a ton.

[6a6f5aed52ebf7790459b99d4bc34df4]
0 0