Voxxxy
I'm curious, how feasible is an MMO? I don't think there would be a problem with the amount of data because that can be optimized.

I'd also like to explore what features in minecraft would be difficult to accomplish in voxel farm. Like nether portals for instance.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Voxel Farm has already been used for a Triple-A MMO, Everquest Next Landmark, which was online from 2014 to 2016. This particular game had heavy use of portals.

In general, the Voxel Farm engine tech is designed for MMOs as it was largely developed as the foundation for Everquest Next. Developing an MMO remains a challenging task, whether you use Voxel Farm or not. 
1 0
Voxxxy

My plan is to start a small project and just do continuous integration until it builds up to something nice.

I have to launch something that will help with funding the project first.

First I was going to use minecraft and just "deal with it" but I think this is much better.

1 0
voxelfarmtorres
Sounds like a great plan. As much as we would like you as a user of our technology, we really have to be straightforward and warn you of the many complexities involved in creating an MMO. Voxel Farm can really help you there, turning an impossible task into something that is just difficult, but we cannot claim (just like no other tech can claim) that the complexity of an MMO will magically vanish because you have adopted a piece of technology.

Let us know when you are ready, we are here to help.
1 0