Adam4lexander
I'm building a game in Unity and I'm trying to have some control over the terrain colliders generated by voxel farm. By default the area around the player where colliders are generated is pretty small. So if I have enemies in the distance they'll just fall through the ground.

Do you have any suggestions for tweaking this? I tried to modify MAX_COLLISION_LOD in voxelfarm.cs but it didn't seem to do anything. 
0 0
Ericool
Hi Adam4lexander,
We are exposing the maxCollisionLOD in the upcoming release.
If you are using the navMesh, the idea is to put a less or equal lod for the navmesh than the terrain.
But the issue could be that a part of the terrain is navigable when its collider is not baked yet.
We'll look into it, as for now setting MAX_COLLISION_LOD to -1 should bake all terrain colliders.
If you still have issues, let us know.
0 0
Adam4lexander
Good to hear, I'm eagerly awaiting the next release. I'll try your suggestion setting MAX_COLLISION_LOD to -1 for now. Thanks
0 0
Adam4lexander
I tried setting MAX_COLLISION_LOD to -1 inside voxelfarm.cs like you suggested but its still not making a difference. The range of cells which have colliders baked is the same as before. I'm using Voxel Farm Indie 3.0.1.5, I think this is the latest version? 

I tried the navmesh feature too but it seems to also be restricted to the same short range. For now I've increased the world scale which helps but I'd like to keep a high level of detail in the future.

My game is a single player vehicle combat style game where enemy vehicles could be over a km away. I'm trying to figure out how to pin those vehicles in the distance to the terrain. Do you think this is within the capabilities of the voxel farm unity plugin?
0 0
Ericool
Hi Adam4lexander,
I found that indeed in 3.0.1.5 in Unity plugin native side the colliders were not baked above a certain LOD.
This is no longer the case and is fixed for the upcoming release. 
For the navmesh feature as well we are no longer going to restrict its range.
For the pin feature, this is not currently available in the plugin and we'll have to see if this is going to be in our roadmap.
Although the idea is great. If I have any news on that, I'll let you know.
0 0