Brendon Lantz
I have voxel studio and was wanting to learn more about this product. So I made several worlds and loaded some examples,  and I can't export my projects in any usable format(.fbx). I've tried explicitly declaring the file extension and running the program as an admin. I have no use for this product if I can't export content. I'm probably making a mistake somewhere, so I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.
1 0
voxelfarmtorres
Have you encountered any issues with the FBX export feature located in Project > Export > FBX?

Can you provide more information on your intended use for Voxel Studio? Please note FBX models are static. Voxel Farm allows to have adaptive scenes, where more detail is loaded or computed on-the-fly based on the camera position. In that sense, a single Voxel Studio project contains almost infinite possible scenes. Unity, UE4, Maya, etc. do no offer a file standard that can do something like that. To be able to position the camera anywhere you want and have the scene resolution adapt to that, you will need the Voxel Farm runtime running in these applications as a plugin (Unity plugin, 3ds max plugin, etc.) The Voxel Farm runtime is included only in INDIE and PRO licenses.
0 0
Brendon Lantz
I was hoping to import a static fbx model into unreal engine just to test it, but when I go to project-fbx-export It doesn't even generate a fbx file. I haven't been able to figure out why.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Can you specify which project are you using to export, and what are the settings you pick in the FBX export dialog?

For entire scenes in Unreal Engine, we strongly recommend not using static FBX. The amount of information in a single scene is quite large and the scene resolution will not adapt to camera movement. If you want to test Voxel Farm content in Unreal, the best option is to have a look at the INDIE trial. There you will be able to use the content exported in the Project > Export > Unreal Engine workflow.
0 0
Brendon Lantz
I've been using the toon terrain example. I leave the setting to default (0-5 lod 0 supersampling) usually but I have tried setting lod start and supersampling to 1. I understand that using a static fbx is not optimal and with limitations, but this is me just seeing how the software works. I'm mainly testing the generation, but I need to know I can export. The software is pricey for me. I'm seeing if the price is worth it to me. I didn't want to try the indie trial, because I didn't want the potential of being charged for the indie version if I don't cancel my subscription in time.
0 0