Adam4lexander
Basically my trick is to first call: CClipmapView::raiseMesh() on the target area. This will slightly raise each voxel and save the results in the BlockData layer. You can see the voxels have been changed slightly but its subtle. Next you call CClipmapView:😋aintMesh() over the same area. The voxels which were previously raised will now be painted the desired material.

This is working for me because I only want to paint terrain blasted by guns and explosions, so raising them slightly before painting isn't noticeable (since they've just been carved anyway). But I do wonder if there's a way to skip the raiseMesh call and simply copy the voxel cell from the terrain straight into the BlockData layer. Would this be possible? Can someone point me in the right direction for changing the plugin code?
0 0
Ericool
Hi Adam4lexander,
From what I understand you call raiseMesh before paintMesh otherwise it does not work.
This is indeed working because paintMesh works on user edits.
As to weither we can skip or not some checks and straightforward paint anywhere,will have to look and come back with an answer shortly.
0 0
Adam4lexander
That would be good to know because I've found the raiseMesh function to be veryyyy slow. So my hack can only work over small volumes of voxels. Large explosions aren't possible because the game would lag so much during the RaiseMesh() call.
0 0