ianovergard
Hi there, 

I tried following the directions for the example projects in the documentation; but it seems like they're a bit out of date? I'm not seeing some of the prefabs and such that are referenced. In any case, when I load DemoNavMesh, this is what I see in Unity 2018.3.11:  voxel_farm_bug.png 
Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, the online documentation is not up to date in Unity. We will be correcting that shortly.

In your case, you may be affected by something different. Can you try unchecking the following options in the voxel farm client object:

materror.png 
0 0
ianovergard
Hi Torres,

I tried that but same result unfortunately. I did this on a clean project to make sure nothing from my previous attempt was there. Here's the exact steps I went through:

1. Created brand new empty unity project in 2018.3.11f1
  2. Imported C:\VoxelFarm3\SDK\Plugin.Unity\VoxelFarmUnityPlugin.unitypackage
  3. Imported C:\VoxelFarm3\SDK\Plugin.Unity\VoxelFarmUnityExamples.unitypackage
  4. Imported DemoUnityToonBiomeBundle.unitypackage from the download link in the tutorial
  5. Imported DemoUnityTurtleMountainBundle.unitypackage from the download link in the tutorial
  6. Loaded DemoNavMesh and made sure the two options you mentioned to uncheck were unchecked. I also turned off Preload Database since I noticed in your settings you didn't have that on. On the first run I didn't see any terrain, but as soon as I stopped the run then the terrain generated in the editor. Still white with the texture error though.

Still exact same result though. I'll try next with an older version of Unity since I know that they changed a lot of things in 2018.3
0 0
ianovergard
I tried a few more things if any of this is useful for debugging (none of them fixed it unfortunately):

• Tried OpenGL Core renderer in Unity
  • Tried Vulkan renderer
  • Tried DX12 (crashed unity -- but that's an experimental feature anyway)
  • Tried Unity 2017.4.24 LTS (exact same result).

Here's the text for the four errors I see in the debug console:

Could Not Recreate DiffuseMapArray
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
VoxelFarm.Atlas:.ctor(Boolean, Boolean, String, String) (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_atlas.cs:459)
VoxelFarm.<BeginLoading>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:1025)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
VoxelFarm.voxelfarm_client😮nEnable() (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:900)

Could Not Recreate NormalMapArray
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
VoxelFarm.Atlas:.ctor(Boolean, Boolean, String, String) (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_atlas.cs:462)
VoxelFarm.<BeginLoading>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:1025)
VoxelFarm.voxelfarm_client😮nEnable() (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:900)

Texture2DArray has out of range width (got 341464340 max supported 16384)
UnityEngine.Texture2DArray:.ctor(Int32, Int32, Int32, TextureFormat, Boolean, Boolean)
VoxelFarm.Atlas:.ctor(Boolean, Boolean, String, String) (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_atlas.cs:390)
VoxelFarm.<BeginLoading>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:1025)
VoxelFarm.voxelfarm_client😮nEnable() (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:900)

UnityException: Failed to create 2D array texture because of invalid parameters.
UnityEngine.Texture2DArray..ctor (Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 depth, TextureFormat format, Boolean mipmap, Boolean linear) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/TextureBindings.gen.cs:846)
VoxelFarm.Atlas..ctor (Boolean useBuildMaterialCache, Boolean generateBuildMaterialCache, System.String bundleName, System.String projectGuid) (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_atlas.cs:390)
VoxelFarm.voxelfarm_client+<BeginLoading>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () (at Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Src/voxelfarm_client.cs:1025)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)

Based on what I'm seeing at voxelfarm_client.cs:900, where it's invoking the C++ DLL, my guess is that something is not working in the C++ DLL itself. (Just a guess though)
0 0
Ericool
Hi ianovergard,
the two bundle download links in the tutorial are out-of-date, thank you, we will update them.
You can find the compatible ToonBiome bundle in the SDK/Demo.Unity under Assets/StreamingAssets.
So simply copy it in your project under Assets/StreamingAssets and it should work.
Let us know if you are still experimenting issues.

0 0
ianovergard
Thanks! That worked
0 0