huahuapro
i create some instance and put them in ue4 with voxel map,
all my instance is not visable, i try many time and many way.

how can i see my instance? i have to use our instance in game.

thanks!
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We need some answers from you in order to help:

Is this a voxel instance?

Do you see the instances appear in Voxel Studio but not in UE4?

Are you setting any value to the "Asset Name" property for the instance?
0 0
huahuapro
it is not a voxel instance, voxel instance is all ok.(the tree and grass is all good)

our instance is not made in voxel studio, and not control by voxel.
and our instance can't be seen.

thanks!
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
I apologize, my earlier questions were not clear enough, so we still need more information.

Voxel Farm can plant two different types of instances: voxel instances and mesh instances.

Voxel instances become part of the voxel world, and can be edited/destroyed by the player using the same voxel edit tools.

Mesh instances are just static meshes that will be scattered over materials or terrain layers, but they are not part of the voxel data, they just sit on top of the world. I assume this is how you added your trees and grass.

What steps did you follow to add the instance that is not showing?
0 0
huahuapro
i think we are none of those two. i think we use Unreal's instance.

we allow player build rail ways, player need build a lot of them, so we make the rail way to a instance, so player could build 1000+ of them. the instance is added by player, and they are not voxel.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LSenjc9l_LcTs4LB3GXBro2aXu0DNBks

this is a example of the instance.

thank! 

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
In that case, if the instance is not controlled by Voxel Farm, this may be an unrelated issue. The Voxel Farm actor in your scene will not prevent other meshes from appearing in the scene. It has no knowledge of these static meshes.
0 0
huahuapro

please have a look at this video, and please have a try to make a custom instance, and it will not appear in a voxel map. i think this issue must have something to do with your pulgin.

it is a pretty big issue for us, our main gameplay is depend on it.

many thanks.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We see no issues inserting meshes into the scene via blueprint. This is for instance how projectiles work, it is just a mesh with some effects added to the scene.

How are you adding this instance, and how do you obtain the coordinates where to add them?
0 0
huahuapro
we just spawn this instance to map.
0 0
GageCornelius
I'd have a second look at your code. VoxelFarm literally only handles itself. But to be safe: try building your rail on top of a hill, and see if you can see the railing if you look at it with the sky behind it. If it doesn't show up at all, I'd look around for visibility settings somewhere. If it does show up when the sky (and not terrain) is behind it, then perhaps it may require further investigation.
0 0
huahuapro

please have a try, in this video no user instance is visible.
no matter what and how instance put in voxel map, they just don't show at all.
thanks.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Thanks for the video, it certainly helps. A developer will look at this on Monday when we return to the office.
0 0
huahuapro
hi, i just test to package the game, and find out everything is ok!
but still, in editor mode, can't see the instance.
at least we can play our game right now.
just let you know.
thanks! 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, today our devs looked at this, and the instance issues you experienced are related to cleanups that are active only inside the editor. This explains why your shipping build does not have the issues. We will work on a fix for this tomorrow.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We have the fix for this, it will be included in the next update. Let us know if you would like early access to it.
0 0