Metallical
I haven't been able to find this information anywhere, so I apologize if it has been covered somewhere before. How are materials mapped to the voxels? Is there an exact number of voxels that textures/materials line up to?

Basically, I am wondering if I can make a material for general use in Voxel Studio that will allow me to have details align to the voxel grid. Or, will I have to just eyeball it, and do that manually via cutting with the selection tool.

Like, for example, the banded textures in Landmark, that were just bands of the metal textures that aligned to the voxel grid. So, I could use one line of voxels, and the texture would be automatically aligned to that row, since it was just rows of bands that were aligned that way.

I hope this makes sense. 
1 0
Azari Lite
Materials called WoodPlank2 and WoodPlank2a have Horizontal lines in them that are the height size of a voxel. You can find these files in the bmp directory under templates. If you right click and open with / Paint (the Windows Paint Program) you will see that they are 1024 x1024 pixels. That is the size you need to make your material.  but you can see exactly how many voxels tall the material is and it will be that many voxels wide as well. My count is 32x32 voxels. So each voxel is probably about 30x30 pixels that is my rough guess.  The Devs should be able to give you an exact number of pixels. In any case you should be able to make a grid that would work for you, out of one of those Materials. 

I hope this is helpful. Azari.Lite
Wizards should not be afraid of Dragons because they are dead
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
There is no official approach on this yet. Currently, textures may show at different scales in Voxel Studio versus Unreal versus Unity. The plan is to have a per-project texture to world conversion rate setting in the project options. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA for this.
0 0
Metallical
Thanks for that. Good to know its in the plans.
0 0
Azari Lite
Thank you for the info I am with you Metallica, it is good to know it is in the works. I am having fun working with what you have put together already. It is kind of like doing Alpha in Landmark it is a wonderous world and we can build anywhere only here we can create the whole Biome. Thank you for the hard work you are doing we aew loving it.  Azari.lite
Wizards should not be afraid of Dragons because they are dead
0 0