holyfiregames
Hi there, this is something we've been struggling with for a while now. We're trying to figure out the best way to get multiplayer working with Voxel Farm for our game. The game servers will hold a few hundred people at a time at most, and the game world gets reset after a set time.

Has anyone figured out how to use multiple clip-map views in Unity that would be willing to share their server code for working with multiple players on the server instance for collisions and sending terraforming details back and forth between players through the server?

Is there any examples of how to do these things with Unity + Voxel Farm we could look at, or any official documentation on this subject?

Thanks!

-Bobby
0 0
holyfiregames
I forgot to mention, we have the Indie version of Voxel Farm.
0 0
holyfiregames
In another thread you mentioned that we might be ok just using cells on a server instead of clipmap views. Would any instances also appear in those cells such as tree's so we can make sure that pathfinding on our server includes all relevant data and not just the terrain?

Would it be out of the scope of your team to create a simple demo Unity server project that showed how to iterate through multiple players/AI to get the data loaded around each of them?

We're trying to figure out the best way to get our project working with multiplayer as quickly as possible, thanks.
0 0
holyfiregames
Any chance we could get a dev response on this so we can move forward in the correct way with our game? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
0 0
holyfiregames
Sorry to keep bumping this thread, but can we get a any response on this?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We do not have an Unity example of a server at the moment. There is one example that does this in the SDK (VoxelFarmDemoGeneratorServer) located in SDK\Demo.GeneratorServer

The roadmap for Unity is:

- Packaged Voxel Farm plugin. That is, how to include Voxel Farm in an already existing Unity project (I believe you have this question posted in another thread)

- Unity Multiplayer example

- Unity Authoritative server
0 0
holyfiregames
Hi there, thanks for the update. Do you have any sort of ETA for that roadmap? I'm just trying to figure out if this is a feasible path for our game to get up and going with any time soon.

Thanks
0 0
jessejarvis
I haven't been able to buy Voxel Farm yet as it is currently out of my price range at this moment (Indie) but I have the trial and I plan on integrating it with Atavism Online MMORPG engine, and after that I may do a UNET version too if I can do this within the 30 day trial period.
0 0