Intrepidvagabond
hey Voxel Farm Crew,

Very impressed with the new site. It's much more informative, user friendly, and easier to navigate. Nice to have all the info featured on the main site, to help make it easier for users to choose the option of which suite best suits their needs.

One additional feature which I believe users of Voxel Farm would tremendously benefit from would be a Marketplace similar to Unity's asset store or Unreal's marketplace, except this would be specifically for Voxel Farm. It would allow people to sell, buy, or trade voxel assets e.g. textures, materials, shaders, prefabs, primitives, biomes, voxel instances, and more. Not everyone has the time or the skill to finish a project themselves or be able to attract others to help them, so I think there'd be a demand for game assets specifically created for Voxel Farm users, should they be priced reasonably. It would also provide a supplementary revenue flow for the Voxel Farm company, though initially probably would be negligible, but would grow over time. What do you guys think?
0 0
miguelcepero
Thanks for the feedback!

Our long term goal is to make the engine and tools free for everyone and rely on a marketplace and cloud-based services to generate income for the company.

We believe it is really about the content people create and the environment in which they create and collaborate. So yes, a marketplace is definitively coming. There are no hints of it now because our focus remains on the tech. We need to walk before we can run and we need a very solid tech on top of which we can build a platform.

0 0
Intrepidvagabond
hey Miguel,

No worries. Thanks to you and the team for developing such amazing technology and for sharing it with us.

Cool. That's a fantastic goal. The tools are price reasonably now but if they're free it will open up participation in video game asset creation to a wider user base. Who knows how much creative potential out there that remains to be untapped, because the expense is currently a barrier. 

Would be marketplace be within the Voxel Farm creative tools such as Daybreak Games' Player Studio or external in the form of a web based platform like the Unity Asset Store or Unreal Marketplace?

Can't wait for the release of Voxel Farm 3. 

0 0
miguelcepero
Not sure yet what shape this marketplace will take. I think it should be integrated to the tools, you should not be forced to go into a website, download some stuff and import it back into the tools.

Another interesting aspect is accessing the marketplace from a game powered by Voxel Farm. I would like developers to create an "island" of content inside the Voxel Farm marketplace so players of the game can trade the stuff they create. To them, they would not be using the Voxel Farm marketplace, but the game's marketplace. As a game developer, you would not need to worry about setting up a marketplace for your game. By using the white label Voxel Farm marketplace you would offer a solution that is fully branded as your game.
0 0
Intrepidvagabond
hey Miguel,

Thanks for your continued engagement. May it continued once the forums becomes busier. 

Your goals for the marketplace sound pretty exciting and similar to Daybreak Games' Player studio which is used in multiple games (Planetside 2, Everquest 2, and Landmark), though I hope it will be a lot more user-friendly that their system. The procedure for capturing a preview screenshot to advertise your asset that you made in Landmark and want to upload into the marketplace seems especially awkward. i did buy a beta access package, but I rarely played it, because I'm not especially into MMOs. If not for the fact that it has build tools that are leaps and bounds ahead of any other similar games I would have given it a pass.

0 0