TaylorD

Hello,

I'm going along the VoxelFarm Tutorial: Terrain Basics and am finding an inconsistency:

VF_Error.png 

I do not see a material connection the for Biome Layer and also the Material node does not have out output.  What am I missing?  I've searched google to no avail.

Thanks for any input.

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
As of version 3.0.1.5, material nodes do not appear in the Node graph. You can link the material using the Item Properties panel, just look for the Material property.
0 0
TaylorD
Okay, thanks for your quick reply.
0 0
hlwerschner
Hi, I am new and have dowwnloaded the 30 days version and have stepped into this problem also, as the tutorilas seem outdated. I could see that in the node editor for "Biome Layer" there is a property Material which is by default "None". But when I click on the property drop down, there are no materials to choose! I can add a material node into the node editor, but this thing can not be linked to the biome layer node. So how can I get a first trivial working structure?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Please make sure to refresh the render at least once after adding a material. This is necessary for the material to appear in the drop-down selection lists.

Have you checked out the video tutorials here?  https://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?video-tutorials

There is one video in particular covering materials.
0 0
Zimnel
I've seen the whole vid series and it's never specified how you can link a texture to a smart biome part from scratch : /
What is more, when I try to add a material to a biome part, I get a weird error:

"you can't convert an object type 'Dev.Express.Xtra.Bars.Docking.Float.Form' to the type 'VoxelStudio.MainForm'.

I'm stucked on changing/customizing any material on a project or even renderize a single smart biome because of rendering errors.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Before getting to details, is your Windows OS in any other language than English? If the unit formatting in your locale uses commas to separate decimals, this can produce issues in Voxel Studio.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Here is a video that shows the process of setting up a smart biome from scratch:

https://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?creating-smart-biome

This uses the default materials, but if you want to create new materials the process would be the same regarding the biome setup.
0 0
Zimnel
I've seen that video before, and the problem persists when I try to add something new,
My OS is in Spanish, but if I change my OS language to English, 80% of my apps won't work.
How is that so I have to change something this big to make VoxelStudio work properly? No other app that I have installed and working asks me to do that.

You have customers all around the world, I encourage you to make Voxelfarm core friendly with different language systems. Your customers will be happier : )

I was just trying to setup a normal biome from scratch using a custom heightmap, and when I tried to add the heightmap per se, the app gave me this error again:

ErrorWhenTryingToAddHeightmap.jpg 

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
This topic has moved to:

https://forums.voxelfarm.com/post/unable-to-cast-object-of-type-dev-express-error-english-os-9997859?pid=1307111554
0 0