Telarin
So I have a little test project going in unity and working pretty well. My next goal is to get changes to persist between sessions. I can see in the StreamingAssets/Voxel Farm/GreenTerrain/savedata folder that all the expected files are there to persist data, but they don't seem to be updating when changes are made to voxels in play mode. Is there something extra that needs to be called on updates to get changed data to be written out? Once this is accomplished, are there any other changes that need to be made to make sure that these changes get read back in the next time the game is launched?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Currently (version 3.0.1.0), we don't save user edits in Unity Editor, only in builds. But you can obtain that behavior pretty easily by commenting a few lines in a plugin script called voxelfarm_bundleProjectHelper.cs: comment lines 102,103,104 and 108. We plan to add this feature for a future release. 
0 0
Telarin
Great, didn't test it with a full build, I will do so now. Persisting user changes in the full build only is adequate for my testing needs. If a user makes changes in a build, will those changes be visible the next time it is run from the editor, or does the editor ignore both reads and writes for user changes?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
User changes performed inside the built version won't be seen back in the editor. This is because your EXE build will likely run from a different location than your editor sessions.
0 0
Telarin
On a related question:

I want to change the behavior for saving and loading cell data, for example, storing it in a SQL database instead of files. I assume that this would not be directly accessible within the plugin itself, and that I would need to make my changes in the plugin source and rebuild it. I'm looking in the SDK folder, and am not seeing source for the plugin. Is this something that is unavailable for Indy licenses, or is it just buried somewhere other than the Plugin.Unity folder? If it IS available, are there any tricks I am likely to need to know to set it up for building in Visual Studio?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The plugin is available as a project in the SDK solution, look for VoxelFarmPluginDLL

Then in VoxelFarmDBIOHandler.h, look for the BlockIOHandler::saveCell() method. This method is called every time a cell needs to be saved. The default implementation will store the cell so it is later picked up by the save thread. Instead of doing this, you may provide any custom saving logic you want. Among other possible approaches, you could call back to the C# Unity side from this point.

In the same fashion, you may override the loadCell() method to load cells later.
0 0
Telarin
It doesn't seem that the plugin is saving user edits when I build and run either. Are there any additional changes I need to make to settings or anything to get this to work with the default DBIO built into the plugin?
0 0