Jason
Hello!

I cannot get the prefab view to work with VS3. I have set the correct mesh path pointing to the .dat files using example prefabs provided. In the render view I can place the prefabs just fine.  Also the preview when running the prefab doesn't show up in the preview tab.

Is this because I only have a creator license and need to upgrade?

Thanks
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
You do not need to upgrade. This points to an issue with just the grammar preview module which is used in both the prefab view and the dropdown from your screenshot.

Does your system have multiple GPUs?
0 0
Jason
Yes it's a win10 laptop, integrated graphics and separate nvidia GPU.  It's been running with the nvidia by default but I just tried the integrated and still no prefabs.  Also tried disabling the integrated completely.  Even though I'm running the program with nvidia, is the grammar preview module still trying to use integrated?

Thanks for your help!
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes that could be the case. You can explicitly configure GrammarPreview.exe to run in your Nvida GPU and see if this solves the problem. This EXE is located in the "VoxelStudio\renderer" folder.
0 0
Jason
Explicitly setting GrammarPreview.exe to run with my Nvidia doesn't work, but setting it to run with my integrated now works.  The visual studio program is running with my Nvidia. 

My Nvida GPU is geforce GTX 970M In case anyone else runs into this issue.
Looks like I'm up and running for now I'll let you know if the setup causes more problems. Thanks for your help Torres!
0 0
Majeric
I think I'm having a similar problme but I don't know *how* to explicitly configure GrammarPreview.exe to a specific graphics card. And does it matter that I've got an AMD card?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Do you have multiple GPUs? I believe this is an option only with Nvidia cards. You may be having a different issue. Can you provide more information?
0 0
Majeric

My Device Manager only displays my AMD Radion R9 390 Series card under "Display Adapters" but I'm pretty sure my mother board has an integrated video card (I have an HMDI port etc on it).

A really simple test case would be really handy? Is there a way I can display a simple box/sphere or something in the prefab preview window?

0 0
Majeric
Anything?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
You can download the default prefab and mesh set from here (scroll down to the end):

http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?example-projects

This guide shows how to create a prefab of your own:

http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?creating-programs-for-the-voxelfarm-realtime-engine

The simplest prefab would be:

main {instance "wall_1m"}

This assumes wall_1m.dat is in your mesh path directories. This mesh is included in the example package.
0 0