AnandNathan
I've been learning the (surprisingly powerful) prefab language and I had a question about their use. I can see how I would generate the major architectural components of a structure but what would be the best way to generate smaller items that are not directly attached to the base structure. I can generate a room with walls but how would I place a chair that is UV mapped and can be moved/knocked over based on the game engine's physics? I would think that the structure would be handled by the voxel system and the distinct objects would be handled in a more traditional way. 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
If you are executing prefabs yourself, the prefab system outputs a list of instances. Each instance contains a type identifier, which you can use to locate a game mesh resource (or similar), and a spatial transform so you can place it in the scene. The prefab system does not require you to voxelize all the instances it outputs, this is an extra step you do not need when placing furniture, mobs or other props using prefab code.
0 0
AnandNathan
Thank you for your reply. I think the issue then is that I'm using the wrong button to place the prefabs. The button explicitly mentions placing and voxelizing the prefab. What is the process for placing a prefab in a scene without voxelizing it? 
0 0
AnandNathan
I understand how to add a prefab as voxels using Voxel Edit/Prefab Box + Fill button. Based on the instruction here (https://voxelfarm.helpdocsonline.com/placing-prefabs-with-selection-box) the prefab is written to the scene as voxels. How do I add a prefab to a scene, but not as voxels?
0 0