HeadClot

Hey,

I am looking into Voxel Farm for a project of mine using Unreal 4. That said I have a few questions about Voxel Farm.

Questions -
1. Is the Voxel Farm API exposed to Unreal Engine's Blueprint System?
2. Are there any "special steps" required for biomes or terrains in the terrain generation tool that was shown off in July for Voxel studio?
3. I am looking into adding polygon based trees, grass, buildings, ruins to the landscape. Is there anyway to do this after importing my voxel world to UE4? or Do I have to do this strictly in Voxel Studio?
4. Is there any plans for a Blender plugin for Voxel Studio? I noticed there is a 3DS Max plugin for Voxel studio and that is it. Blender is a major part of my asset pipeline at the moment.
5. Is there any way to manually carve out caves or Man made rooms (Tombs, Hall ways, Secret bases, Mountain Hangers, etc.) in Voxel studio?

Thank you for your time,
HeadClot

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
1) Some parts of the API are exposed to blueprints. The full source code for the Unreal Engine integration is included in all packages. You can see how these API calls were exposed and extend the integration by adding new similar calls.

2) No special steps. The July video shows an unadulterated session.

3) Voxel Studio allows you to define planting rules for terrain layers and materials. On the UE4 side you can later specify which UE assets you want to use for these instances. This system allows the location of the mesh instances to come from Voxel Farm, hence closely matching the world, while leaving the rendering and actual instance definition to UE4. You do not need Voxel Studio to define planting rules, you could do this from the C++ API as well inside your application or game. If you want, it is also possible not to use Voxel Farm's mesh instance planting system at all and implement a planting system of your own. We plan to release tutorials on the planting system in the following weeks.

4) Sorry no plans to cover Blender in the near future.

5) Yes you can carve caves or anything you want in Voxel Studio using the provided voxel edition tools.

1 0
HeadClot
Hey Voxelfarmtorres - 

Just curious have those tutorials been released yet? I am curious as I would like to see the workflow before I commit to voxel farm. [smile]
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, here is a tutorial showing how to switch the voxel instances placed by the terrain system for UE4 assets:

http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?ue-instances

Here is another video tutorial showing the same but for material instances:

http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?applying-instances-to-materials

1 0