Zarelia
Hi, I've recentlly reinstalled Voxel Studio in my C drive directly and I'm having several issues:

1- Can't save as file.
2- Can't save as folder.
3-Meshes path not working.

The first two make my app crash, can't save projects based on the "scene with materials".

For the third I tried to add paths for code and meshes but it seems Voxel Studio is not reading them for some unknown reason for me : / I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

These two errors I get when I try to save either as file or as folder:

error.jpg    Cant save.jpg 

This is what I see when I try to load a mesh:

No mesh available.jpg  I wrote the paths in here:
Cant save as folder.jpg
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We apologize for the inconvenience. It does not seem you are doing anything wrong.

About the first two issues, can you supply the text that appears when you click on "Detalles" from the error dialog? In the second error dialog, we can see the title of the dialog is "Bundle". Were you trying to create a bundle at this point?

Not sure if it is related to your case, but Voxel Studio will have issues with any locale that is not English. This is due to the formatting for numbers, which in some languages like Spanish and French will use a comma instead of a period to separate decimals. This however only affects you when you produce bundles for Unity/Unreal.

About the meshes, this is the expected behavior. The path setting for meshes is used only to discover meshes referenced by prefabs. The mesh selector you have highlighted the radial menu (and edition toolbars) will select only from the meshes you have explicitly imported into the project. You will see there is a "Meshes" node in your Project Item hierarchy. To import meshes into your project, please follow the steps in this video:

https://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?importing-meshes

You can also check Ben's tutorial on working with meshes:

0 0
Zarelia
It seems I was trying to "save as" without a former "save" for the project. Since I was only testing I didn't "save" it and went directly for the "save as" function.

So, 1 and 2 are solved : )

For 3, I'm going through those tutorials.
0 0
Zarelia
Hi again, i followed the steps shown in both tutorials and I'm now able to import and add correctly external fbx meshes, but textures are not applying to them.
In Ben's tutorial it is recommended not to import the fbx own textures, and then add the textures in Voxel Studio. When I do that, the mesh stays black no matter what texture I try to apply.
0 0
Zarelia
I've realized some objects work better than others, but all of them offer some sort of problem to me. Some appear broken, incomplete or black. I suppose I need more fiddling with the system.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Not every mesh can be voxelized properly. The main requirement is the meshes must be closed. Other additional factors determine how clean the voxelization works, like avoiding self-intersecting geometry. We can take a look a the meshes you want to use and provide pointers, if that helps.
0 0