Petyr
I realize that this is likely not an issue to be dealt with in simple blueprints, but is there any example blueprint for terrain destruction/deformation? Looking at the deathball I can't really figure out where it's making the modifications.

Perhaps some context would be useful: I'm attempting to work out basic mining/digging/raising/flattening mechanics.  Am I looking in the right place? If not how would you all approach such a task?

Cheers
Petyr
0 0
Petyr
Is the RadialForce Component what i'm looking for?
0 0
Koniferus
So far, I've been using the deathball as my 'digger' for terrain destruction. When a meteor hits the ground, I spawn a modified duplicate of the deathball BP that has 0 delay and a 10x larger sphere. You can also change the tool that deathball 'stamps' out of the ground as well.

My biggest issue with this method is that it randomly generates a static mesh if you overlap multiple stamps in a row, preventing you from digging further in that direction until the static mesh gets cleaned up.

Another issue you might hit is the delay between removing the old triangles and drawing in the new. My AI will sometimes fall through the floor before the new geometry is rendered. To prevent this, voxel farm seems like it would need to remove the old geometry only after generating the new.
0 0