Saintangeles
Screenshot (756).png So we setup our stamp mesh to the Unreal Shooter framework projectile impact. When we close and restart project this is what we are getting and have to bring in the Stamp Mesh node again everytime we open our unreal project. Tell Me there is a fix or have encountered this b4.
0 0
Raven
It's a bug caused by plugin load order (I've changed it to predefault in uplugin). This however will crash the game due to some slate dependencies not loaded at the time - what I simply removed all of the slate UI (AFAIK it's just that one empty tab). Best way would be to move all editor specific stuff to separate module that compiles only with editor and is loaded separately after main VoxelFarm dll is loaded.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Raven is correct, the load order can make it so the class is not known when this blueprint is loaded. Raven is also right about how changing the order may have unpredictable consequences elsewhere and the right long-term approach is to create separate modules. 

While we get there, we do not recommend iterating over all instances of the class here, which is a bit hacky anyway. The actual instance should be provided to the blueprint by a variable instead of making the blueprint discover which instances are out there.
0 0
zimmy87
Hi Raven/voxelfarmtorres, I've updated our plugin load order, and am now encountering the game crash that happens due to the slate dependencies: can either of you elaborate on how to remove Slate from a shooter framework-based project?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
My recommendation is not that you change the load order, but instead, pass the Voxel Farm World Actor instance to this blueprint as a public variable. You would not need to have the class resolved during load time since the class is never referenced by the blueprint.
0 0
zimmy87
I fixed my blueprint so it is no longer iterating over all instances of the Voxel Farm World Actor class. I now have the following blueprint for calling Stamp Mesh:

vfpluginloaderrors3.png 

However, I'm still seeing the load errors with Stamp Mesh even with this fixed.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
In case exposing the variable fails, the solution proposed by raven is to change the loading phase of the plugin to "PreDefault"

{
"FileVersion": 3,
"Version": 1,
"VersionName": "1.0",
"FriendlyName": "Voxel Farm Plugin",
"Description": "Integration of the Voxel Farm Engine into UE4",
"Category": "Other",
"CreatedBy": "Voxel Farm, Inc.",
"CreatedByURL": "http://voxelfarm.com",
"DocsURL": "http://voxelfarm.com/doc.html",
"MarketplaceURL": "",
"SupportURL": "http://voxelfarm.com/contact-us.html",
"CanContainContent": true,
"IsBetaVersion": true,
"Installed": false,
"Modules": [
{
"Name": "VoxelFarmPlugin",
"Type": "Runtime",
"LoadingPhase":"PreDefault"
}
]
}

This requires an additional change in the C++ code to disable creating an editor mode.

Load VoxelFarmPlugin.cpp and remove the sections of code that are within the "WITH_EDITOR" conditionals.

These changes will be included in the next release (3.0.1.4)
0 0