ncpaddler
It seems that the way the terrain tiles in Voxel Studio does not happen in Unity. Is this actually the case?  I would like to surround my terrain with 8 low LOD copies to serve only as horizon. Then I will contain player in NS directions and transport him at EW border to simulate entire planet.

I'm working with map size of about 10km square right now.

Is this possible? 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The map will tile the same in Unity. This terrain component is not aware of the game engine in use.

One thing to keep in mind is the terrain tiling happens only into the positive direction of the coordinate system. If the character is close to the absolute origin (zero in Voxel Farm coordinates) it will not tile into the negative space.

What is the World Origin setting for your Voxel Farm client object in Unity?
0 0
ncpaddler
ahh, that explains it.  I was seeing the negative space on 2 borders so I probably just need to move my starting position away from zero a bit more to start off on a non-border tile.   Thanks!
0 0
ryobg
Quote:
One thing to keep in mind is the terrain tiling happens only into the positive direction of the coordinate system.

How much time I spent until I found that myself! I guess there are other quirks waiting... Like, maybe, maybe... the default terrain has vertical size of near 12 km, so your world should be locked within that range.

0 0