Ginsan
Hi there, i have a questions about textures, it's easy to discuss in here than twitter [tongue]

Is there a way to blend textures with themselves? I mean the bleeding works with other textures but i can't find a way to get a proper smooth blending on the same texture when the orientation is changing, here's an image to illustrate it :

texturebleed.jpg 
I noticed than it occurs everytime on every voxels terrain or not.
Thanks for reading me [smile]
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Your observation is correct, the material shader currently in UE4 will not blend contributions from multiple planes. We intend to add this in the very near future, however, every time this happens in your scene it is a sign more careful texture placement may be needed. Even with the blending on, this configuration here would result in awkward shading due to the slope angle. Two tips that may help:

1- When defining terrain surfaces, avoid large areas at 45 degrees. Even with blending on, they will look weird

2- Classify textures as horizontal or vertical. The texture in your image is clearly meant for vertical surfaces but does not work well for horizontal surfaces. When you define the world layers, make sure they apply vertical textures to vertical surfaces and horizontal textures to horizontal surfaces. Some textures may have no clear directionality in them and may work in both cases, but this rarely happens since gravity always leaves some imprint on any surface.

Another alternative is for you to add the material blending in the Unreal Material definition. Unreal includes a node that will do a well-tuned blending, we can provide pointers for this.
1 0
Ginsan
Thanks for your quick answer, i am still figuring out Unreal, so it's complicated for me still.

I have another problem if you have the time, i already told Miguel about that, but it's really something important for me.
I noticed that a texture is not lit correctly depending the "plane" you talked about. Some faces are good, but their opposite aren't, in this pic (Voxel STudio) you can see clearly that the 2 texture projections are not lit the same way, left/right:

In Landmark, i didn't see this issue, so maybe they handled the materials in their own Engine, i don't know.
If you could do an example of bleuprint/code in Unreal for how to manage this VF textures in Unreal that would be great (if it's possible), we also don't have much control over the tiling rate of these textures (possibility to change the repetition rate for each texture separatly).

Texturenrmpissue01.jpg 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
We can confirm this issue is present in the current version of the deferred renderer in Voxel Studio (3.0.0.8). Do you see anything like this in Unreal Engine? Here we failed to reproduce it.
0 0
Ginsan
material from the bundles have this problem in Unreal it's the same thing
0 0
Ginsan
ok my bad, it actually works fine in Unreal, i had a bad lighting when i tested it <3

here's a test with uv-mapped rocks

neatuvmp.jpg 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Wow, these look amazing! Should be pretty cool to blow these into pieces.
0 0
Ginsan
Here we go again [biggrin], seems ok the rock props but i tested regular voxels, in forward rendering here in VS (exact same issues in Unreal), the wall here is lit from the opposite side. Something has to be inverted somewhere in the VF code when it comes to apply textures on voxels faces (normal maps can't be flipped like diffuse or metallic). The weird part is that the wall is lit correctly when the sun is on the other side (and the floor too).
This is obviously not a pb with my maps, because if it's working on 1 side, it should be good on the other ones or the opposite.
I checked with other people, they have the same opposite lighting issues on the faces than I.

pbnrms.jpg 
0 0