mikepurvis
Does Voxelfarm work in multiplayer?

I am in 4.18 and modified the Forest example. One cliet can host session, another can join.

Characters can run about on the voxel terrain, but changes to the terrain are local only. So, the dighing/adding is not seen on the other client.

How do you set the change to terrain to be replicated?

Thank you
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
In a multiplayer application, your application will be in charge of replicating the changes. It is really up to the application, where things like authorization (whether a change is really allowed, or synchronized at all based on user permissions) are known. The Voxel Farm actor does not have access to your application's authorization logic, which can be quite complex. It is simpler that actions are replicated by your application layer.
0 0
mikepurvis
It is a purchasing and resource planning decision.

Basically, your answer is no.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Your question was whether it worked in multiplayer. The answer is yes, but you are expected to replicate the events. Any solution we may provide is not good enough for a real application, because these events need to be routed through the application anyway, so we provide examples. There is one example in the SDK for Unity, for UE4, it is available for anyone who has the SDK and requests it.
0 0
mikepurvis
Thank you for the reply and pm. Will look at the UE4 example.
0 0
mikepurvis
The C++ UE4 VoxelFarm Multiplayer example that you provided works great. Editing Add and Delete stamps from any client are seen by the others. That is what I was looking for.

Thank you!
0 0
BRStevens
I would also be interested in receiving this MP example - how might I go about obtaining it? Thanks!
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Please email us to support at voxelfarm.com and we will take it from there.
0 0
BRStevens
Great - email sent - looking forward to hearing back!
0 0