Zimnel
I-m opening a new thread for this error since is bypassing the theme where I started my response concerning this happening.

Before further ado, I-ven seen the whole @getting started video series and the older videos concerning basic creation of terrain, biomes and smart biomes.

I want to create a normal biome (not a smart biome) using a custom heightmap.
I-m following this tutorial>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=ZgoFxjifYnk

I changed my OS language to English to replicate the error or hopefully solve it, but alas, it persists. (yes, I restarted my computer after changing language preference and downloaded the necessary files for the English language to work in my computer). I use Windows 10.
I created the heightmap, masks and materials needed for the project, all show good in the preview. 

The issue happens when I add a new biome, give it a name, and try to add the custom heightmap already created.
Then, the error message pops and refuses to add anything in there. The same happens when I try to add or change a material on a biome layer of a  former project.

ErrorWithEnglishSO.jpg  How can I solve this issue.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Can you please verify:

1. Your Voxel Farm installation folder is not inside any special Windows folder. For instance, it should not be installed inside your "Program Files" folder as this may cause issues.

2. Can you restore the default UI layout by selecting Project > Panels > Restore Default Layout
0 0
Zimnel
1. My Voxel Farm is outside "Program Files". I have it in "C:\VoxelFarm".

2. I can't restore the default UI selecting the Panels restoring option in the menu.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
It seems the DevExpress library used by Voxel Studio for UI has corrupted its panel information. Can you be more specific about which error you see when you try to restore panels?

One possible workaround is to delete the Registry key where the layout is stored. If you know your way around Window's Registry Editor, this is the key that should be deleted:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VoxelStudio2\Layout
0 0
Zimnel
The curious thing is no error is displayed when I try to restore the panels. It's simply not happening.

I tried force-connecting the heightmap to the biome via the nodes panel, it recognizes the map but denies renderizing it.
I also tried adding materials to the biome layers and I get the same "Dev.Express" error. I can force-connect them via the nodes, but they are of no
use since I can't force-connect the materials in there since they don't appear in the panel since once of last patches.

I can try my way around the registry and see what happens.
0 0
Zimnel
May I delete the whole layout folder?
registry folder.jpg 

0 0
Zimnel
Anyway, my biggest concern is I can't customize any map done in Voxel Studio.
I tried doing a big continent, the generation was fine, but when I try to modify any material on the biome layers the same error pops again.

Continent.jpg  It would be awesome if we could assign materials to biome layers from the nodes panel. 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Can you dock the panels back to the main form? This could resolve your problem.
0 0
Zimnel
I deleted the Layout registry folder, restarted my computer and the problem seems to be vanished. At last! I can now change materials again. It's a pity I can't undock the panels or change dispositions, but is a small price to pay in exchange of the panels working.

PanelsOk.jpg 
0 0
Zimnel
First iteration of my terrain with customized textures : )

VoxelTerrain.jpg 
0 0