IllIll
I'm running into an issue where after generating the project files and building the solution, Unreal Crashes when pressing to Play or Simulate the game. Upon entering the editor there is not visisble landscape.

I'm on the latest UE4 4.13.x as of right now. At least one other person seems to be having this same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/5cmpvc/voxelfarm/d9zonyd/

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
By default, you will not see a visible landscape in non-play mode. If you want to enable that the steps can be found here:

http://forums.voxelfarm.com/post/unreal-engine-4-integration-question-editor-mode-renderind-8231828?pid=1293396285

About the crash, our developers will work on reproducing it today. Can we assume you have not modified the code and example at all and that you are getting this crash out of the box?
0 0
IllIll

Hi Torres,

Thanks for the quick reply. You are correct in that assumption.

Steps to reproduce issue:

1. Download & Install Voxelfarm and UE4.
2. Download latest UE4 engine 4.13.x
3. Open the UE4 Example Project folder location.
4. Generate Visual Studio Project Files
5. Build the solution. 
6. Upon pressing play after the project has built and launched, Unreal Engine will now crash/hang.

I've performed these steps on a fresh installation of Windows 10. All drivers for my machine are installed and other projects work flawlessly.

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Thanks. Please note a crash may be different than a hang. UE4 still hangs while caching some of the assets included in the default project. In some machines it can take up to hours to clear. It is not clear why UE4 would process a single asset for hours (CPU use of UE tools starts at 100% then goes 0% for a long while) but we assume something is wrong with their tools. This is a one time thing, unless you clear UE's disk cache.

Can you provide more information about specifically the crash? Stack trace, etc. would be very useful. If you do not like your system's information to appear in this public forum please consider emailing us to support at voxelfarm.com. We will reply right away.
0 0
IllIll
Thanks again Torres,

It supposed it hangs rather than crashing entirely. The engine becomes entirely unresponsive. 

I'm familiar with Unreal taking a while to cache assets but this usually occurs upon loading the Engine/Project. The hang I am experiencing only occurs upon clicking to 'play'. I am able to operate the project otherwise without any issues. 

I'm not at the machine right now but will leave it running for a while when I get home and let you know of any change.

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
This is the exact case we have described above. The hanging will happen when you either press Play or open the asset for the first time.
0 0