Memamoo
Hi,

I'm on the trial for Voxel Farm Indie.

I wanted to test the new Unreal Engine Plugin in 3.0.0.8, but when I use the updater to get it, it fails the installation after the download completes.

Unfortunately, I closed it down, and didn't write down the error message.  But something along the lines of not being able to write a file (it wasn't very specific).

Do I need to use a particular version of the updater?  I tried the original installer I had, and also tried the one in the News item about 3.0.0.8's release, and both failed with the same error.  I tried to redownload the installer (not sure how it determines that it should grab the Indie version, so thought maybe needed to use that), but the link has expired.

Is it possible to download it from elsewhere?

Please let me know if you need more information,

Thanks,
- Mark
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The updater linked in the 3.0.0.8 release notes is the latest version. The error affecting you is not related to the updater's version.

In some cases, we have seen issues writing to a system or protected folder, even if the updater is running as admin. Can you try providing a new folder that is empty and located in a non-protected folder (that is not Program Files, etc.)?

If the problems persist we can send you an alternative link. But this will take some time since we will need to upload the package for you. So ideally we would like to get the updater working for you.
0 0
Memamoo
Thanks.

That got it [smile]

- Mark
0 0