Webbrowser
Hi there,

For our project we require players to be able to change areas of the world into a different biome. So I've coded a system that allows for the procedural creation of strengthmaps based on those areas.

When putting that in VoxelFarm however, I end up with the following 2 artifacts:
- The transition from biome to biome creates a jagged line rather than a smooth transition
- I'm assuming at the edge of a LOD level, a shard sticks out of mountains sometimes

I'm mainly concerned about the first one initially, since with that solved we'll be able to post screenshots. However, a solution to the second, or another option of regulating biomes through C++, are both appreciated 🙂

Looking forward of hearing from you,
Webbrowser
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
The jagged line in your screenshot appears to be a material boundary, not a biome boundary. You see a hard transition in this case because the materials involved are not set to "bleed" into each other. Please make sure the "bleed" property for the natural materials in your project is set to true.
0 0
Webbrowser

That solved it, thanks!

The other bug seems to be gone now that I've updated our VoxelFarm code to the latest version.

0 0