Koniferus
Hello!

How do I go about opening a newly created terrain in UE4? From the demo project I see an option under the BP_VoxelFarmActor for "Vf Project Name" set to Turtle_Unreal_1_2 by default. I'm not seeing a Turtle_Unreal_1_2 anywhere in the VoxelFarm directories or the project.

It says to specify the .pak file, but I'm seeing no .pak files from the output of my UE4 Export from Voxel Studio. Is this where we need to select the newly created project, and if so how?

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Exporting a project from Voxel Studio to UE4 is covered by the first half of this guide:

http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?unreal-engine-4-example

The idea is you export to a new folder inside Content\VoxelProjects, the set this folder name in the "Vf Project Name" property.
0 0
Koniferus
Ahh Awesome. It threw me off seeing that there was no folder named Turtle_Unreal_1_2 in that directory, but you're method is working!

Thank you!
0 0
Petyr
Any tips for stability of these projects? I'm getting alot of crashes within seconds of pressing play on a barren freshly generated continent.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Which application is crashing, Voxel Studio or Unreal Editor?

Can you post (or send us) the crash information?
0 0
Petyr
Likely due to my futzing about with settings the demos seem to run fine, just have to study them some more i suppose
0 0
Koniferus

A few more questions, Torres I shall thank you ahead of time![thumb]

1. So once I get my landscape imported, it seems to work fine, but the coordinates just aren't making sense to me. Is there any quick math to say "If I'm at x,y,z in voxel studio, it will be at x,y,z, in UE4? I see that there is some kind of adjustment being made in the BP_VoxelFarmActor under "World Origin Vf Coords (x,y,z) and I'm guessing that it needs to be taken into consideration?
  2.     While aimlessly wondering around hoping for my mountains to rez, I'm getting crashes while in PIE for "This was a nullptr" any time I walk too far. It seems to happen quickly when I turn up my character's walk speed.
  3.     Is there a way to expose the Pins from Voxel Studio into UE4 to make finding things simpler?
  4.     Back in Voxel Studio, I create a MegaSphere and give it an x,y,z coordinate by using the coordinates in the Render tab. Then I give it a radius of 1,000.... I see no MegaSphere in my Render window. Refreshing the render window doesn't help either. Is there something else that needs to be done for extensions to show up in the render?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
1. I'll ask the dev team about this. Coordinates while in Voxel Studio can be massive numbers which would not work directly in 32bit, for this reason there is a reference frame. My understanding is these base coordinates can be set up to the VF actor, and this would be the [0,0,0] of the UE4 project. 

2. Can you send us your crash information? I assume you are getting this with unmodified code.

3. There is no way to load pins into UE4 at the moment.

4. We apologize for this issue. Extensions were accidentally disabled in the last Voxel Studio build. This will be corrected in the next update.
0 0
Koniferus
Yes! Using the base coordinates and spawning my character at 0,0,0 works for me. Everything is going much smoother thanks to your guidance, greatly appreciated!

Is there an ETA on the patch that re-enables extensions? Really want to integrate those caves and try them out!

Also, I didn't expect this, but my changes (blowing up terrain) in UE4 while playing in-engineer are remaining after I restart the level and the entire engine. We're going to call this a feature for sure! [wink] If I need to though, how would I go about resetting the level in UE4?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Yes, we aim to release an update within the next two weeks.
0 0