Krauler
Hello.

I'm using VoxelFarm3 INDIE Preview and i have problem with Demo.UnrealPlugin. I successfully generated VisualStudio files and build project. In Editor press Play and see this. Nothing changes in 2 hours. I tried launch on installed 4.12.5 Engine and from sources. Same result. What can i do to fix this problem?dada.png 
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Hi, what are you system specs?

The video below shows the steps to run the UE4 project:

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-457155399432/www/videos/Forum/SDKUE.mp4

Can you try this with a fresh copy and making sure you only load the project into 4.12?

0 0
Atonnis
Are you waiting for Visual Studio to finish parsing everything and scanning includes, then parsing included files?  It takes quite a long time.  Best to wait until they're all finished within VS before pressing Run/Debug.

0 0
Krauler

My system specs: Intel Core i7 6700HQ, 8GB DDR-4 2133, GeForce GTX 960M

I tried to reinstall all my soft( include Windows from scratch) and it did not any effect [confused]

I did all as instruction sais. Can u help me solve this problem?

And yes i waiting end of parsing process.

0 0
DIgitalDominus
Hello!

I have same problem with Unreal Engine Demo. I use VoxelFarm3 INDIE Preview. I press Play and nothing happens. I tried to fresh installation of VoxelFarm and Visual Studio and Unreal Engine (build from source 4.12.5 too). And nothing helps. Please help[bawl]
0 0
DIgitalDominus
Maybe we have corrupted zip archives?
0 0
DIgitalDominus
And by the way have u plans create tutorials wich shows how work with SDK and create project in UE4 from scratch?
0 0
DIgitalDominus
Maybe i can get new link on tested zip archive with?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
There is a known issue with UE4.12.5 that can cause this. This is not related to Voxel Farm but it happens with some of the assets found in the preview demo. Before pressing play, navigate to a mesh asset in the content browser. The bundle includes some trees from the unreal kite demo. You can open one of these, like a tree mesh, inside unreal by double clicking. Unreal will freeze again. Do not stop it. It is actually processing the asset. This could take hours. Once this finishes this will not happen the next time. Assets will load and play will get the full scene working.
0 0
DIgitalDominus
Have you plans create simple Demo project without overloaded functionality, only wrap for VoxelFarm?
0 0
DIgitalDominus
When can we waiting VoxelFarm3 Release?
0 0
Krauler
I need do this with each asset?
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
You only need to do this with one asset, one time.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Having a minimal UE4 example is a very good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.
1 0
botanic
Looks like it was packaged with assets requiring a DDC without the DDC and the DDC isnt set to build.

The projects defaultengine.ini should include

[InstalledDerivedDataBackendGraph]
MinimumDaysToKeepFile=7
Root=(Type=KeyLength, Length=120, Inner=AsyncPut)
AsyncPut=(Type=AsyncPut, Inner=Hierarchy)
Hierarchy=(Type=Hierarchical, Inner=Boot, Inner=Pak, Inner=CompressedPak, Inner=EnginePak, Inner=Local)
Boot=(Type=Boot, Filename="%GAMEDIR%DerivedDataCache/Boot.ddc", MaxCacheSize=512)
Local=(Type=FileSystem, ReadOnly=false, Clean=false, Flush=false, PurgeTransient=true, DeleteUnused=true, UnusedFileAge=34, FoldersToClean=-1, Path="%GAMEDIR%DerivedDataCache")
Pak=(Type=ReadPak, Filename="%GAMEDIR%DerivedDataCache/DDC.ddp")
CompressedPak=(Type=ReadPak, Filename="%GAMEDIR%DerivedDataCache/Compressed.ddp", Compressed=true)
EnginePak=(Type=ReadPak, Filename="%GAMEDIR%DerivedDataCache/Compressed.ddp", Compressed=true)

in addition to the DDC should be build and distributed with the package using something like

F:\Voxel Farm\SDK\Demo.UnrealPlugin>"F:\Epic Games\4.12\Engine\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor.exe" "f:\Voxel Farm\SDK\Demo.UnrealPlugin\UnrealVoxelFarm.uproject" -run=DerivedDataCache -fill
0 0