Aperture Science Labs
Hello! Just joined the forums to break the long silence, with some comments, a story - and a suggestion, to the community and the developers of Voxel Farm...
After searching the ocean of voxel engines available, and finding only a few worth using, while noting the trade-offs of each one; the biggest, and most complete one seems to be here; an island full of opportunity, and the chance to change the world. This island is not easy to reach, not because the oceans are too rough or the technology un-achived, rather by an internal problem, one that has persisted for many years through the developments of corrupt nations, without union or a good order; making what is obtainable by most reserved for a few, by setting a price on what should be shared. This problem, along with almost all others, can be solved. The fix requires a journey of its own, through the leaves of the current to the roots of what existed, to change the outcome of where the next leaf lands. If you could change the outcome and take the chance to seek a better home across the sea, to venture past the jagged shore and crashing waves of the place once behind, in hope, with the guide of knowledge and a strong vessel to carry through, that you will find what you set out for; a place of greater opportunities for the future than the one before, a place for many years with many changes, you can continue to proudly call home. Would you take this journey alone knowing the suffer of those left behind or would you break the order for the few to share this knowledge, vessel and hope with the many others who also seek the same thing? Your choice is your own, its effect can be on many. I suggest you choose wisely about what should be done to change how Voxel Farm is priced so this world can be widely reached.
-=ASL=-
0 0
ryobg
The pals can barely support the indie community here, let alone if you want to flood them with more. For whatever reason they do not expand in this direction, and I think this is what I see and hear the most as biggest issue. There are many wannabes, but there is no single social community to unite everybody. This forum is mostly dead, the tweets are mostly some in-house work in progress and there is that blog which is inspiring but that all. So, to summarise its not that price is so high, its the lack of community effort (not sure about their big clients). Nice prose, btw.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
While it is definitively quieter in the forums, we can assert we are very busy working on the tech. The team continues to grow and the new generation of the tech is very impressive. We are a bit more protective of our plans right now, as the voxel tech field is heating up.

If you have a specific question or issue with the software, please let us know. We are here to assist you along the process of building your next-gen game.
2 0
Aperture Science Labs
Thank you both for your replies. It seems the voxel field is expanding, and for good reasons too. Good luck on your journey Voxel Farm, i hope to see many others on the distant shores ahead, even if its on different ships. I will likely be posting more ideas and things on the forums incase someone is interested, but  for now I will attempt to build an engine of my own hopefully as successful as yours in its design 🙂
-=ASL=-
0 0