Thrower_Of_Bolts
I am trying to write my own IVoxelLayer to produce my own world procedurally.  It appears to be working, but the terrain only appears in the distance, far above and away from the player. Untitled.png Right now I am using code copied from the SDK for the voxel layer implementation.  Any input on what I should check to correct this?

Thanks,
Thrower Of Bolts
0 0
Thrower_Of_Bolts
Still haven't sorted it.  So I made a new level and started again. Same result

These are the steps I have taken
  • Added the voxel farm world actor to the scene.
  • Exported an empty project (with materials) to Content/VoxeProject/WorldName.
  • Set the ProjectName to WorldName
  • Set the location and rotation of the voxel farm actor to 0,0,0.
  • Set the scale to 1,1,1.
  • Set the Cell Material to VoxelFarmCellMaterial
  • Configured the Level blueprint per the instructions for setting the scene focus.
  • Copied the CSimpleVoxelLayer_Perlin3D from the Voxel Farm SDK Project into my VoxelFarmBundle.cpp.
  • Instantiated an instance of CSimpleVoxelLayer_Perlin3D class and added to the world generator
Any help is appreciated, I am a bit stuck
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
It could be a number of different things. The first thing to check is the world origin coordinates are close to this surface.

Another common problem porting code from SDK examples into a different environment is that the lifetime of the objects created by the code may be different. For instance, most SDK examples declare objects local to the main() function. This guarantees the lifetime of the object covers the entire program's execution. However if you copy paste this same code into a different function, the object will be automatically destroyed when the function exits, and any references to the object will produce unpredictable results.

We can take a look at your code if you are OK with sending us a full project.
1 0
Thrower_Of_Bolts
I set world origin and declared the generator on the heap where it should persist.  What is the best way to send you all the project, no problem sending I am just experimenting.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
You can upload the project to a service like Dropbox and email us the link to support at voxelfarm.com
1 0
Thrower_Of_Bolts
Hey sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with my day job.  I got it sorted, I'm not exactly sure what was wrong.  I set everything up again, and redid my IVoxelLayer implementation.
0 0