namrog84
In VoxelStudio, there is a Render->Resolution settings

LOD Zero Area - Is this how big LOD0 will reach out from your position?
Default LOD - Is this the minimum LOD? So if its not 0,  youll never have lod0 anywhere?
Scene Resolution - This increases detail in the distance (sorta the LOD falloff?)
Voxel Antialiasing - Only applies to user edited voxels, (does distance play any part here?)
Simplification - Not sure? How much it is simplified by? (e.g. a 4x4x4 cube voxel with a 1x1 block missing, will simplify into a cube mesh at a certain distance thereby hiding the 1x1 block missing? Or perhaps in a curved surface, it will flatten numerous quads/triangles into a single plane to flatten out the details? 
Simplification LOD - not sure? Something to do with real time mesh simplification regarding distance LOD 

I am trying to better understand these, and I can't seem to find great documentation on these specifically, I can sorta map them to the unreal/unity settings as indicated here http://www.voxelfarm.com/doc.html?creating-a-voxel-farm-bundle

However, they don't all have a clear 1:1 connection here?

Note: The little ticks are hard to see as well, not much contrast, perhaps make higher contrast for notches or add a editable value to the side for increased clarity of values?  Default LOD appears to have 3 ticks, is that 0, 1, 2?  Or some other representation? 

p.s. Bug: I noticed that if you change these settings, they are preserved from 1 project to another, and there is no way to reset to defaults?  Can these be saved on a per project basis perhaps? Or at least add a reset to default option somewhere? (Unless I've missed it)
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Some of your questions about the rendering resolution are answered in this video tutorial: 

LOD Zero area controls the number of LOD_0 cells around the camera. A value of 3 means it is likely to find 3 LOD_0 cells from the camera to up to where LOD_1 begins. I say "likely" because the scene octree must also be properly constructed so sometimes you may have +/- cell.

Scene resolution doubles the number of cells for distant lods (LOD_5 and plus)

Voxel Antialiasing is for voxel edits only (buildings, terraforming, etc.) For any edit made to the world, an error metric is computed. Then, if the voxel antialiasing parameter for the scene is greater than zero, cells with higher errors will be refined, also depending on whether the content is visible from the camera's position. The "voxel aliasing" property for each material allows you to control how much aliasing is allowed for a given material, where 0 means you do not want this material to alias and you want to refine it when it appears onscreen.  A value of 1 means the material can alias, this can be a useful setting for terrain materials used in terraforming since the terrain is likely to allow higher aliasing.

Simplification is a multiplier to the allowed simplification error setting defined for each material. If you set it to zero, you are effectively preventing all materials from having mesh simplification. If you set this to the maximum, the meshes produced by all materials will be highly simplified.

Simplification LOD controls where material differences begin to be ignored. When simplifying a mesh, it is important to preserve changes of materials (for instance rock versus grass). This eventually prevents all simplification when you have a mountain far in the distance since each voxel is likely to have a different material than its neighbor. If this mountain is mostly covered by fog and it is more of just a shape in your scene, you can choose to ignore material differences for this LOD and up.

The render settings are an application setting so they are shared by all projects, this is by design at the moment.
0 0
namrog84
Perfect, I completely understand all the the sliders much better now and some additional things. I hadn't seen the video before.

Thanks!
1 0