Morcrist
I'd like to be able to display the actual image of a given material in my application, but I'm having problems figuring out where the data for the image is stored.
0 0
ncpaddler
Assets/Voxel Farm Unity Plugin/Resources/Cache/v2/"Your VF Project name"/atlasPage_diffuse.asset

It is a texture array asset so has to be opened with less than common tools.

I use an asset called "Texture Array Builder" (TAB) found on Unity Store.
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Is this intended for a material preview? For instance to display the texture in a thumbnail in order to identify which material is currently selected for building?

Our suggestion is you keep a separate logic for this, so you do not make assumptions on how textures are internally stored. You could have a collection of thumbnails and then map each thumbnail to the corresponding material. If you rely on how textures are stored, this part of your application may break later, since Voxel Farm could arrange textures differently later down the road.
0 0
Morcrist
Yes, Diley. For a material preview.

It just seemed more "proper" to pull the mats from the current terrain. Is there not a way to expose something in the DLL to accomplish this?
0 0
Morcrist
You know, it would be pretty nice if on startup the voxel farm client created a set of thumbnails in whatever format (jpg/bmp/png/etc.) from the materials used in the terrain/project....
0 0
voxelfarmtorres
This is very application specific. Some applications will show only a subset of the materials, some will use an entirely different image asset to identify the material, something that is handcrafted and conveys the material in a much better way.

Your code can still look into the material object and find the name of the diffuse texture. Then you can use this information to locate the asset you need to draw, which could be a thumbnail you generate by resampling the texture you have provided, or it could be something hand-made.
0 0