ashkan.saeedi.1989

When I try to add/remove a block on the surface of the terrain, half of the block or mesh is inside the terrain but when I do the same on top of what I've built then the block/mesh is on top of the other voxel.

Why is that? How can I change it so I can easily level the terrain where destruction happens?

Also how the features about healing terrain were implemented in landmark? Should I keep track of specific edit blocks and then undo/remove them?

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
When it comes to the virtual snap grid implemented by default in the clipmapview, add and remove will behave differently by design.

When you remove, the virtual block that contains the hit point will be deleted.

When you add, the virtual block that contains the hit point will be filled, unless the virtual block is already full, in that case, the adjacent block to the hit point is filled, Minecraft-style.

About your second question, see the "forget" parameter passed to the StampMesh function. If true, this will remove any materials previously written into the edition layer, including air. This has the effect of visually restoring the preceding layers in the stack, for instance, the terrain appears to go back to its original state.
0 0
ashkan.saeedi.1989

Thanks for the responses

So how can I make terrains in a way which blocks which they occupy are full or empty instead of being half full.

Secondly please expose the forget parameter in Unity in the coming update if possible.

0 0
voxelfarmtorres
Any terrain that is smooth will have partially full blocks on its surface. If you want blocks that are either 100% empty or 100% full, this gives you Minecraft. Is this the sort of environment you are seeking to create?
0 0